Saturday 21 April 2018

Vocations Week Celebration

This Sunday is Good Shepherd Sunday. As a lead up to this celebration which is traditionally associated with vocations to the priesthood and religious life the seminarians had dedicated this week to the whole idea of vocation. I was the one who was responsible for the masses this week so I had to preach on that theme each day.

Last night, to finish off the week, they had a celebration. First they played volleyball (during which one of them hurt his leg - he went off to hospital today, still not back) which they followed up with a small party. They told me that it was a barbecue but they actually only barbecued chorizo sausages and the rest of the food was crisps, minerals, and things like that.

It was, all in all, a very simple celebration but they really enjoyed it. They don't really get a lot of down time together and this was a moment to be made the most of it. In fact, today there was a notable lift in the atmosphere around the place.

I had a quiet day and did some work in my room - I didn't realise I was on the mass this morning as well but, it seems someone stood in for me. Tomorrow I am going to a Convivencia, which is a sort of meeting cum workshop. I will have more to say about that tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment