Friday 13 April 2018

Lots to do

Today has turned in to a busier day than expected. I began with three hours of one to one teaching with a student who has fallen quite a bit behind. The hope is that he might do better in this tutorial type situation. He is a very fine guy but when it comes to academic things, it is all uphill for him. He'll get there, but it will take a lot of work for him.

After class was finished I had a meeting where I was asked to teach another course - this time to a group of 87 lay people who work as catechists in their various parishes and communities. I have worked with this group before. They are really lovely. They do their day's work and then come to spend two and a half hours twice a week listening to lectures. I will be guiding them in an introduction to Theology. I'm looking forward to it, although I know it will be a challenge.

After the meeting we had to go to the opening of the monthly retreat for the seminarians. I will be giving the retreat next month but I certainly won't be as energetic as the man they have this time. He was full of beans - but he also preached for a very long time.

I'm off now to hear confessions in a university. I have done this before, too, and I know it will be busy. The chaplain of the university is a past pupil of mine so it's nice to be able to help

No comments:

Post a Comment