Saturday 13 April 2019

Last Night

As I write this post I am just after getting up out of bed on my last night here to spray insecticide in my room to try to do something about the mosquitos. The last two weeks haven't been bad but, for some reason, tonight they have returned. Now that I have sprayed the room I will have to wait for about an hour before I can go back to bed, otherwise I will be poisoning not only the mosquitos, but myself too.

I was already feeling sad about leaving tomorrow (today really), but now I am really feeling sorry for myself.

I have packed everything that needs to be packed; finished up all of the marking and correcting; said my goodbyes; and also spent an inordinate amount of time trying to download a boarding pass, but that 's another story - now I have only one more Mass to say and then it's off to the airport for a ten hour flight to Madrid, a five hour wait there, and then on to Dublin where I should arrive some time on Monday evening.

Already there are plans for next year - to do some work with the priests of a number of dioceses on ongoing formation; to get involved with the Catholic University; and to increase the number of courses in the Lay Institute to three (the seminary will continue to mean teaching two or three courses, depending on who else is available).

A very worthwhile visit and I can honestly say that I have learned a lot from the wonderful people I have met while I was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment